Football SA is reinforcing the Department of Health recommendations as outlined below as well as implementing other preventable measures;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues and use alcohol-based hand santiser.
- Drink bottles are not to be shared. Each participant should have their own drink bottle, which is clearly labelled and is only used by that individual.
- If a club provides drink bottles, they are to be cleaned thoroughly prior to use and are to be allocated to individual players for individual use.
- All changerooms and toilets are to be provided in a clean and hygienic state.
- Soap is to be provided in all toilets.
- Players and Match Officials are not to shake hands prior to or after games. Football SA acknowledges that players will make contact during games, however minimizing contact will reduce the spread of the virus. Minimising the personal contact of Match Officials will reduce their risk, which is essential due to the role Match Officials play within the game.
Football South Australia will continue to monitor the situation and will keep all stakeholders informed of any initiatives that may need to be implemented throughout the 2020 season.